Monday, June 11, 2012

Cake Batter Brownies

Pinterest: Cake Batter Brownies



So I have to admit, when I saw this recipe on pinterest I got all giddy. I recently discovered the pure deliciousness that is Dairy Queen's Confetti Cake Blizzard and this looked like a nice little way to make a bit of that goodness at home.


Ingredients:
1 box yellow cake mix (or funfetti)
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1/3 to 1/2 cup milk
1/4 rainbow sprinkles (if you use a yellow cake mix add these into the batter)
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
sprinkles for the top
icing
Combine the cake mix, egg, and oil. Add in the milk to the consistency you like. (The batter will be thick). Add in the sprinkles, white chocolate chips.


  Pour into a sprayed 9x11 pan.


The cake batter tastes great too :o)


Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees. They should look similar to this when you remove them from the oven.




The post I got this recipe from says that they brownies can be eaten and are just as good without the icing. I strongly disagree. You must have the icing  to make these brownies as good as they are and homemade is ALWAYS better than out of a can! It may dirty a few more dishes and take a little bit longer, but it is always well worth it.

Icing recipe:
1/4 cup margarine or butter softened
2 to 3 Tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups powdered sugar
food coloring of your choice
Mix all ingredients together until well blended and spread onto the cooled brownies.


Then top with more sprinkles.



I use my friends at work and at church as my test subjects for new recipes, so I ended up making these for the work pot luck as well. Everyone that tried one just raved about them. I thought that they were really tasty as well, but they were a little bit on the dry side for my liking. I think next time I will add the full 1/2 cup of milk to the batter and see if that helps at all . Over all though, I thought that they were really quite yummy.

My one complaint is that the ones I made looked nothing like the picture perfect ones that were posted on pinterest. I suppose I should be used to this happening because none of the desserts I make ever look as good as I want them too. This is the final product.


These little treats will bring out your inner child as well as satisfy your sweet tooth!

No comments:

Post a Comment