Thursday, June 7, 2012

Chicken Tortilla Bake



I found this recipe on Pinterest when I was searching for something super easy to make for a pot luck at work today. This looked too good tobe true and everyone that left comments on the recipe just raved about how good it was. So I figured what the heck, Ill give it a try.

The recipe calls for 3 cups of cooked chicken, two small cans of cream of chicken soup, one can of rotel, 12 corn tortillas, and mexican or cheddar cheese. 



You mix the soup and rotel together in a bowl.




 chop up the tortillas in little chunks and pretty much just layer the tortillas, soup mixture, and chicken in a sprayed baking dish then top it off with the cheese. Cover and bake at 350 for 40 mins and then remove the foil and bake another 5 minutes.  Serve with sour cream, guacamole, and chips.

To make this super easy recipe even easier, I used a rotiserrie chicken and I used one large can of soup instead of 2 small cans.




I also layered some of the cheese into the casserole as well as on top of it. I stongly suggest either using one large can of soup or 3 small cans, because I nearly ran out of the soup mixture to cover my chicken and I was using more than the recipe called for.





Here is what it looked like as it went into the oven. You can see that I love me some cheese!



And the finished product. It doesnt look that appetizing I will admit.



My review of the recipe is pretty much this. It is just okay. I made two batches, one to take to the pot luck today and one for my family and I to eat for dinner last night. Basically I dont believe that I will be making it again. It tasted alright, but really only after you slathered it up with some sour cream and some of my amazing homemade guacamole. (My guacamole can make just about any thing taste great!)
The casserole was just too bland for my liking.

The good news is that it was a hit at the work pot luck. I just walked over there by all the food and there is only one little corner of it left in the pan.  So just becasue I wasnt its biggest fan, doesnt mean that you wont love it. Either that, or people are just way too nice...

No comments:

Post a Comment